Wowee!! I got a phone call last night from the mayor of the town.... Remember that Town Administrator job I had applied for but only got a part-time gig in the fall???? Well, the girl quit again so now I have to go to a town meeting Thursday night @ 7pm. One of the council members called shortly after to dig me for information. Ya gotta love small towns! She said... "So Joanne quit and went over to the RM...but I don't think she's going to last there so then they'll be sniffing after you and trying to get you to come work over there too!" I'm like come on.... I haven't even stepped foot in the door or signed one piece of paper. Kinda jumping ahead. I'm just happy to have some cash flowing in since DH doesn't give me any.
To be honest....I'm scared! I started work right after high school...worked there for 16 years then retired to move to the farm. Been out of work for two years and it's been kinda nice. Except for the money thing of course :) I've only ever had one constant job... I've worked in bars when I was younger as a second job but that was it.... What if I can't do it? What if I don't like it? What if my house falls apart because not one of these family members would wipe a counter to save their life!!! Or pick up after themselves....empty a dishwasher..... then it would be the same thing as when we lived in the city. I work all day then come home to pick up and clean up after the "animals". Being stressed out all the time.... But, the money is a big factor. I Love To Shop and I wasn't joking when I say that my husband doesn't give me a dime! My parents have been "loaning" me money since I moved here so I'd have some spending money. I'll either pay it back or they'll deduct it from my inheritance. (I'm an only child) :) lol I guess I'm just being a big chicken shit!
Okay so on to another topic...
So little Snoopy does NOT have worms! Thank goodness :) She's got something like the flu so the vet gave her a shot of antibiotics. That's it, 10 minutes and $100 lighter in the wallet and I'm out the door.
Eating wise yesterday was good.... I went back in my journal and I think I have to keep my flex used at around 15-17. So that's what I'm doing this week. I'm still not in the exercise frame of mind but I'm sure it will come back. I guess there's just so many other things to do and in my mind that's not at the top of the list. But then again....If "Porky" doesn't want to stay "Porky"...then get off ye ol' arse and DO IT! :)
So I think I'm just rambling here now.....I'll go and have my second coffee and yes, my smoke (sorry Htabby) then do something....when DH quits annoying me, I'll come back and check on you all :)
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
at 8:30 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am sure you are going to just fine when you go back to work. :) Mind you... I always get nervous every time I start another one. Also with subbing. When I have long breaks like I have had between the last time I subbed (over a month ago) and today, I was really nervous about going back. And the thing is... it could be a new school I have never been too with new bosses! Just a little stressful and nerve wracking...
Glad there is nothing serious with Snoopy and that you had her checked out by the vet.
Exercise... you can pick up on it again when you are good and ready.
I had to laugh when you were talking about going back to work and wondering if the house will be still standing when you get back home. I KNOW my house never isn't! lol Seriously, you would think with 2 capable sets of hands around here that they would help out once and awhile? NOT!!! lol
Well, hope you had a great day and ENJOYED your smoke!!! lol :)
Post a Comment