What a weekend! First I'll comment on my eating.....
As you have read, I porked out! I don't think the choices were too horrible but they sure weren't smart for points. So the damage was a gain of 1lb. Could have been worse. The pizza slices won't happen again I can tell you that much :)
Now...Saturday I wrote I was going to shampoo our living room area carpet because the puppy was using it as a bathroom and I couldn't break her of it. Thought to get the smell out and she'll wisen up. Well, that carpet was way worse than I thought! I got half of it shampooed and the pee smell was out of this world! The kids and I had to open all the windows and then I decided that I had to get rid of it. So I'm moving a couch, a hide-a-bed, two chairs, a trunk coffee table and then I had to lift the one side of the television wall unit to pull out the carpet. This damn carpet was so heavy (especially since it was damp too) that by the time DS and I got it rolled...I was sweating. I had to phone a friends' son to come over to haul it out to the veranda...I think the sizing of the stupid thing was something like 16'x12'?? Big anyway. Once I get it out of the living room...I notice 4 good size stains directly into the hardwood! So now I'm trying to scrub them out and I even tried sanding two spots which I then ended up having to re-stain. I then had to wax and buff the floor! OMG!! My body was soooo sore by the end of the day. I didn't even feel too guilty about not getting on the tread because I think I got quite a workout as it is.
Moved all the furniture back and now I have to re-route the speaker cables around an archway as they were hidden by the carpet.
After saying all that....my puppy hasn't had one accident! She has been so good about going outside to do her business. Crazy! Alot of work....one wrecked carpet (which was an ugly orange thing from the 70's) but worth it! :)
Yesterday...I vacuumed, dusted, did some laundry and cleaned my kitchen. Another busy day.
Now today will be working on our bedroom...packing away winter clothes to make room for the summer...throwing away all my "fat" clothes from winter and then I have some replastering to do to start painting this weekend. Mom is coming on Wednesday and we're going to do our room and strip wallpaper from DS's room to get ready for painting. This wallpaper too is from the 70's so should be interesting :)
Just having my coffee so in about an hour...I will do 30 minutes (maybe bump it up to 35) on the treadmill and then start my day. I won't be doing my weights today as my arms are still sore from the furniture moving.
Ladies, I was reading your blogs over the weekend when I took a quick break but haven't had a chance to comment yet....Just know I'm keepin' my eye on you and cheering you all on :)
Have a great day
Monday, April 14, 2008
at 8:30 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! You are certainly busy!! No need to work out when you have been doing things like that!
oh... btw - TAG! lol
(read today's post for further details)... :)
WHOA!!!! you certainly got some great AP's there!! ok now i feel guilty, i'm off to do some cleaning lol!!!
Whew! No wonder you've been M.I.A.! :)
Puppy pee! What a great motivator to redo the living room flooring! :)
Glad you are back! I've missed your blog! :)
Post a Comment