CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Okay Okay....bit the bullet and hopped on the scale this morning. Figured this was going to tell me how my day was going to go... Down 0.6 It's not a lot but it's a downward trend and I'll take it! :)


So my leg/hip is being weird! I've got this crampy type of pain where the leg meets up with the torso on the pelvic side. I'm not sure if it's a knotted muscle or what but it's starting to be a real pain in the butt. Maybe it's time for a chiro appointment with a massage :) DH just came in and told me to go exercise it...hmm. I guess I'll try riding the bike when I get back from picking up DS from town.



Here's a question for fellow dog lovers..... My little Snoopy here is going to be 7 months old on Thursday and is already in her first heat... This is the first time that I've had a dog that I intend to breed so also the first time that I'm dealing with "doggie cycles"... My question is, can these heat cycles make her sick? Like vomiting sick? She has been throwing up off and on for a couple days. I was worried that she had gotten into something but I don't think so. She's her usual puppy happy self... she's still quite active in playing but then every once in a while, she starts heaving and thair she blows! I've been making sure she drinks lots of water and have been paying extra attention to her when she goes outside. This is kind of a dorky picture of her... she's the best dog I've ever had :) My friend bought her "boyfriend" but he's a few months younger so we won't be having puppies until this fall sometime. His name is Hollis :)
Okay now that I've bored you all with my puppy chatter..... I'm going to go wash my hair and get ready to pick up the boy from his sleepover.
Have a great day all :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Snoopy is sooooo CUTE!!! I had to show my hubby the pic and he agrees. :)

Congrats on braving the scale! :) Now that wasn't such a scary thing was it. ;) Now the trick is to stay OP with some healthy stuff and lots of water till your official wi. :)

As for the vomiting, besides getting into something, which you do not think she has, sometimes they just do that, in heat or not. Has Snoopy been dewormed and such? I am assuming she has. If she is drinking and eating normally, I would not worry too much about it just yet. Any of my 3 could go a day with it happening and they all have just been fine. I have been to the vet about it, and they said just watch for lethargic activity, not drinking or eating. Also, do you have grass and such around your house that she has eaten when she goes out? It is quite common and normal that the dog will vomit if they eat it. Puppies are curious and eat everything that is new and don't really use the ol' eat grass to settle stomach issues till a bit later. But there are the exceptions though. :) Just keep an eye on her and have lots of water available for her to drink so she does not get dehydrated.

Well, I hope the rest of your day went well! :)

Unknown said...

You know... now that I think about it... why couldn't the heat cycles effect how they feel. Us humans when we go through it we can feel nascious (sp?) and such. Just a thought. Female dogs do go a bit wonky during this time. :)

Lisa aka water_nymph said...

can't help you on the dog front honey, except to say OMG Snoopy is SOO CUTE!!!

my mom has a shipoo (sp?) and she is just getting into heat now at 6 months, but we aren't breeding her.

Anyways, Snoopy is ADORABLE!!