WI this morning! (drum roll please..................) Down 1.0 lb.
This is me doing the million dollar happy dance! :) Of course we always hope for those big losses to speed up the process but, I'll take it. That stupid plateau really shot down my confidence in my head. I really couldn't and still haven't figured out exactly why I hit one so early on. I mean, when you have so much to lose, you'd think that the first 10-15 would come off fairly easy. I was really scared that I would STS or gain only because that's what I was used to every week. Well, no matter....total loss so far is 10 lbs.
I changed the following things thru the plateau: stopped drinking so much coffee and stopped eating popcorn at nights. I only allow myself popcorn early in the week right after WI. My activity points are never really high but try to get my cardio in 2-3 times a week. I also switched to writing my food out in a daytimer as opposed to the on-line tracker. I keep my flex eaten to around 13-14 pts. It doesn't seem to be alot of changes but it must have been my sodium levels?
One question I have is about the oil? Why do we have to have it and how do you incorporate it into your day? I don't get it!
I'm not sure if I'll get on my bike today or not!? My body has been really joint achey for the past couple days and my back is really sore. Not sure if it's the Muscular Dystrophy doing it's thing or what but haven't been able to sleep too well either. I guess I'd better phone the neurologist today and see if they've set up my muscle biopsy yet. I'm sure that won't be pleasant! I don't really want to go back to my chiropractor but thought maybe a massage would help. Maybe I'll make an appointment for next week and see how it feels.
Well, kids are gone to school....I guess I'd better get off the computer and get some work done. Running to town to drop off my applications for those jobs.
Have a great day everyone :)
Friday, March 7, 2008
at 8:58 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! I am so happy for you wt loss! Way to go girl! I found that sodium was a huge culprit for me. I really have to watch for the 'hidden' sodium too. Its pretty bad when I go to the grocery store and take FORVER just so I can compare labels to get the lowest sodium!
If I continue to have the pain problems that I do... I may have to go for another surgery. They have found a cyst and wanted to leave it for now because I do not do well in surgeries - they still worry about my heart. I had to wait 5 yrs just to get fixed and my wt down last time to be approved for that one!
Asperger's is on the Autism spectrum. He is high functioning, but things are really set in stone sort of speaking, more or less black and white, never grey. He has trouble with some things but has gotten better the last year - thanks to the help at the school and all the work we have done at home. We have a great team! He is like a text book - typical character trait of someone with Asperger's - he can read something and retain it just like that. Trouble is he has a hard time with regular printing. It takes forever for him to accomplish it. We will be getting him ready for a laptop at school here as soon as the maturity level goes up a bit more. He is very impulsive and quick reacting with anger and lacks coordination. Meds were hard to get under control. This year has been his best thus far and now I think he is going through the grade 6 hormonal changes that would really through his meds off. I am trying some more natural approaches again with his regular meds to try to control things while he is going through this. Thanks for asking though! Not many people understand or know about Aspergers and I never mind talking about it.
Wow... was I ever talkative... this will keep ya busy... lol
:)
You're down! That's awesome! Goodbye stupid ol plateau! I am very proud of you! :)
I never actually thought about sodium until you ladies started mentioning it. Now I check everything! :)
I am not sure about the oils. To be honest, I don't pay attention to them. :z Maybe I should. I think is has more to do with health than weight loss.
Have a great weekend! :)
Congrats on breaking through the plateau. You're doing really well!
I read your question about the healthy oils and decided to finally write a post I've been meaning to for awhile now - all about the whys and hows of healthy oils.
If you're interested, here's the link to the article on my blog. Hopefully it's somewhat helpful. Healthy oils really are a good thing :)
Post a Comment