Hmmmm...nothing accomplished today. I was going to clean our upstairs and organize the office, but, pretty much did nothin' all day! Although, I was up until 2am last night on this darned computer. Dial-up connection is faster (somewhat) that time of day.
Food wise...I'm within points range today (I have 5 left) but still don't feel like I ate too healthy. Maybe it's because I haven't had my yogurt yet :) Had a Subway sub (turkey/ham) split up between two meals, some various snackies that's about it. See, not the greatest. I'm just getting ready to watch the movie "Amazing Grace" so am planning for my yogurt & granola. Had popcorn last night so that's it for the week. You know it's weird, but I didn't even really enjoy eating it?! Maybe because my head knows that it's way too much salt for what my body can handle and is trying to tell me not to eat it anymore. Who knows...I'll try it again next Friday and see what happens.
I have felt like something sweet today so bought a Diet 7-Up. Mixing it with cranberry juice. My mom always told me that cranberry juice was a good diuretic? Is she correct? Oh well, it'll be a little treat for me.
Tomorrow, the kids and I are meeting said parents for lunch. Should be interesting what will be available for food. I already know that french fries will not be an option. DH calls them artery cloggers. lol We're going to another small town 20 minutes from us so it's the restaurant at the hotel...I wonder if they'll have anything that won't be deep fried?
Well, that's it for me....this morning I had so many things I wanted to write about but "blogger" wasn't working properly and now...not thinking straight so will try again tomorrow.
Cheers all :)
Saturday, March 8, 2008
at 9:12 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi there!
In response to your question about vitamins and oils:
With the amount of food that we eat in ww, it is hard to plan meals accordingly to get all the requited vitamins and minerals in. Very few days of mine have even been close from what I have seen in my program. All my food was weighed properly and such. So the daily multivitamin is very important.
As for the fats, this is directly from my textbook (newest version out):
Nutrients: fats provide essential fatty acids
Energy: fats provide a concentrated energy source in foods
Transport: fats carry fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K along with some phytochemicals, and assist in their absorption.
Raw materials: fats provide raw material for making needed products
Sensory appeal: fats contribute to the taste and smell of foods
Appetite: Fats stimulate the appetite
Satiety: Fats contribute to the feeling of fullness
Texture: Fats help make foods tender
In the body: fats are the body's chief form of stored energy
Fats provide most of the energy to fuel muscular work
Padding and insulation
Cell membranes
Raw materials: fats are converted to other compounds, such as hormones, bile, and vitamin D, as needed
If someone has had their gallbaldder removed, should not have as much at once.
When we are so called 'dieting' we generally take the trend toward low fat everything. Although this is good for the bad oils, we are also decreasing the good oils we need. If someone is eating enough good fat food (fish, nuts, etc) then they would not really need any extra.
I hope this helps you in understanding why we need them. I just know that in general it aids with bm's, reduced clogged arteries, proper hormone function, better working muscles, better absorption of the fat soluble vitamins, better brain activity,and better skin. I, myself do not eat enough of the foods that contain the proper amounts of it. So what I do is when I fry something, I use olive oil or try to fit some in at some pt of time in my cooking. Two teaspoons is not very much. But If I am having something like fish that day or of other foods that are good sources, I do not worry about it too much. There are many foods out there that say high in essential oils or omega fatty acids (these are the good ones). Also, if I am having a 'treat' day... (high bad fat) I don't worry about getting anymore extra fat in of any kind at all. :)
Sorry for writing a book here.. lol It can be so confusing with everything and it is really hard to comprehend that you need to have fats (certain ones) in order for things to work properly, that is why I quoted from my textbook so it was not too much of 'second hand' information.
Enjoy you meal out at the restaurant today and enjoy getting on the treadmill!
Post a Comment