CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My little world

So I wanted to post a couple pics here of my last renovation project. Our house was built in 1918 so it is all basically original. I'm referring to the hardwood flooring, furnace...the wiring was done in the late '70's. I basically pick a room and start renovating. The next will be the bathroom (which was formerly a bedroom) it needs a new tub and vanity.

This first pic is what it looked like when we moved in. The fridge in the middle of the floor gets pushed over to the right wall. I worked in this kitchen thru seeding and harvest with about 2-3' of counter space. How his mom did it for 40 years is beyond me. She's quite a woman!





The next one is the finished product. My husband has RP so doesn't see too well. I try to keep things "light" for him with lots of wattage in the bulbs! lol Above the island...those bulbs kick out approx. 1000 watts. Crazy bright! I did basically all the work myself (except of course the electrician and plumbing) My aunt and cousin came and helped me plaster the end wall...when I pulled all those little brown tiles off, they pulled the plaster off to the lathe board. Then it was paint, paint, paint. I love renovating especially the plastering so can't wait to start working on the bathroom.

Funny thing is now....I'm going to repaint the kitchen. I'm not happy with the color I picked for the walls so...here I go again :)





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Nicely done! Your kitchen is beautiful. My husband reno'd ours when he bought it before we were together and all I can say is it sucks! I really hate not having the right cupboard for things like cereal to fit properly in or not having a pantry!!!! I use the downstairs sweet right now for extra's.

Way to go on the stepper! The elliptical is still my nemesis and finally managed to do 30 mins after starting at x-mas with it. It takes some time.

Keep it up! And good idea of taking a bit of a break today. Just a note: watch how you are standing on the stepper. I have noticed that when I am being slopy, I lean forward too much and it bugs my back really badly. I have adjusted the footing part ('cause I am short) so that I can stand properly on it. Good luck!