Another day and I've been doing alot of thinking about my horrible eating on the weekend, the way my body has been feeling and just trying to wrap my head around this whole "losing weight" issue that so many of us are going through. This morning I woke up again to a back that is in constant pain....two broken fingers from many years ago that have decided to give me grief again and two legs that either hurt or just don't work. Since January 7th when I started I've felt pretty strong about sticking to the plan and getting some exercise in and this past weekend being a setback would have usually caused me to quit. Well, I'm not going to quit! I am 35 years old (36 this July) who feels like I'm living in a "old person" body. I'm not going to accept these feelings anymore. This morning, I've started taking cod liver oil (I think this may be a daily oil?) to hopefully get my joints feeling better especially in my fingers plus I am making a promise to myself that I will get my exercise in EVERY day. DH says I should be on the treadmill instead of the bike since walking is difficult for me...to work this group of muscles. I think I've always felt frustrated on the tread because I set it too fast for what I'm capable of...makes sense that I started out slow on the bike...why wouldn't I start slow on the treadmill? I'm finishing my last (second) cup of coffee and will go walking. I will set it at 30 minutes at an easy pace and faithfully do this everyday. There, I've said it here now I'm accountable!
Reasons for losing weight:
1) The obvious of looking better and fitting in smaller clothes.
2) Being healthy for my family..so I can take part in family activities
3) Being able to be more helpful on the farm work wise
4) Being proud of myself for accomplishing my goal and having more self confidence
5) Having my husband and children being proud of me
This is a good start anyway. I will not accept the fact that food and weight have dictated my life. I AM IN CONTROL! Only I can do the work and get the job done!
Rewards: I have ordered some LUSH products for hitting 10lbs...this was a mini battle for me.
9 more pounds (my 10%)...I'm thinking a massage or facial...maybe a new wallet/purse. I'm not good at thinking of rewards for some reason??? I really am looking at the end result and not the mini results. I won't feel really successful until I reach goal. That may be putting more pressure on me but then again...if I think I won't settle for less, then I won't get "comfortable" at whatever point I'm at. Does any of this make sense???
So for today... 30 min on treadmill...an OP day (I made sure I ate breakfast) and 3L of water.
DONE!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
at 9:06 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good morning,
While setting a goal to get 30 mins of exercise in each day is wonderful, I have to disagree with your DH... If you do everyday of 30 mins of walking on the treadmill, you are going to overwork your muscles, especially if you are struggling at times. Mix it up with the bike and such, like every other day. Your body will thank you more for it. You are right in setting the treadmill at a slower pace and work yourself up. Just getting off the couch is moving and you are doing wonderful! Just look at all the success so far!
Yes, codliver is considered healthy oil for you. Some may say that taking just the supplement is not the right way, but if you are struggling just to get some form in, anything is better than nothing as far as I am concerned. :) Good job!
Way to go on setting some goals for yourself! And enjoy the LUSH products when you get them.
I just realised... you are the same age as me with the same month of birth. lol
Post a Comment