This post was originally posted on January 12th but, due to some computer issues...I'm re-typing it!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
First week of WW is under my belt and I have to say that it was great! I have been "heavy" for the past 7 years and have tried off and on in that time to lose the weight. Well, 2008 is MY YEAR! At this point in my life...Failure is NOT an option! I think the difference this time is, I'm mad. I'm mad at myself for not having the strength or willpower to lose the weight and get back to a healthy me.
When I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2000, I gained 50lbs and then throughout the years, developed some health issues. Such as the possibility of Musular Dystrophy (doctors are not sure what's wrong with me). My left side, leg in particular doesn't work anymore. Oh I can walk, but I limp and walk "funny". It's to the point where I now have a cane for any long distance walking that I may have to do such as shopping. I've lost my balance so I fall quite often. Yesterday in fact, in my porch letting my dogs outside. Crazy!
So anyway, this health issue has been hard for me to exercise. BUT, no more! I'm starting weight training for my upper body and whatever I can manage for my lower; plus either riding my stationary bike or walking on my treadmill. I'm not going to worry that I can't exercise for long periods right now...I'm doing what I can do! Period!
As for WW, I think the biggest help for me has been the on-line tracker. Maybe it's the novelty aspect of it but I love it. When I was journalling in a notebook, I always got bored with it or whatever it was but ended quitting. The tracker is great...it does all the adding for me and I can search all the foods I wants. I plan out my day that night before then in the morning, I re-arrange it to my mood for the day. Perfect!
For accountability reasons is why I've started this blog and I'm making a promise to myself today, that by March, I'm going to reach my 10% goal which is 18lbs. Wish me luck! :)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
January 12, 2008
at 2:30 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment