CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Interesting Day...hmmm

So my day was fairly interesting (to me anyways) on the WW front. I got up this morning and had my WI....PISSED OFF! A gain of 0.9...okay I know it's not alot but it still goes back to I can't seem to get under 173. So I have a little pity party...make some coffee, go outside for a smoke and start thinking about it. What am I doing wrong besides the obvious of water. I need to figure this out. So all morning I'm stewing on this. Break it down to the gain, must be water retention because my wedding band is leaving a mark on my finger again. Okay, that makes sense. Am I eating enough? Am I not eating enough? Well the points tracker on dial-up is pure hell to try and go back to look so I decided that the kids and I are heading to Moose Jaw to Staples. I bought a daily planner so I can physically write in my foods instead of my earlier joy of the computer tracker. I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours going through the on-line tracker and writing out my days from the beginning of January 7th. Crazy, but I did it! When I get more energy, I might post a week on here to get some feedback on my daily eating....but what I've got written is a start to really keeping track of what I need to do to lose this frickin' weight!

One thing I've realized too is that I need to take my measurements (duh!)...I don't think my stomach is as big as what it was so there might be something there. February 2007 was the last time I took my measurements so tomorrow I will take them again and go from there.

I don't eat enough 0 point foods...why? who knows....just chalk that one up to stupidity :) I DO KNOW that Tim Horton's is an evil place. My parents are constantly bringing out chocolate chip muffins and chocolate timbits for the kids....they're here...I eat them! Until I wrote this all out, I didn't realize how much. I did write everything that I eat so that's good but I will never eat another Timmies product. Except of course... the coffee :) First thing tomorrow morning, I will be making a phone call to dear ol' mom and dad and ask them not to bring that shit out here anymore.

On a positive note....kids wanted fries from McDonalds...okay, one little treat for the kids who aren't too sick anymore...I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING! Can you believe it? I stopped at Subway and grabbed a sub for me. (patting myself on the back) Tom and I are really making an effort for the kids not to eat fast food anymore. Why encourage unhealthy eating? Granted once in a while for them is not going to hurt them but going to cut back on the drive-thru stops.

Speaking of McDonalds...here's something very interesting I can share...

A friend of mine (who is a health nut) bought a cheeseburger and small fries at the beginning of November '07. She left it on her desk to see what would happen to it....after a week, looked the same... a month went by, same thing...today is February 16th and that little meal is under a display case because it looks the same...NO MOLD! Is it even real food??? She takes it to presentations to show people what they're eating. All I can say is...YUCK!

One quick note about drinking water...I bought Crystal lite singles to try and get me to drink more water. Is this okay I wonder to myself? I'll try it for a week and see what happens.

No AP's today...had every intention to hop on my bike but decided that the little daily planner was more important today. Don't worry though....that bike seat will see my ass tomorrow :)

2 comments:

TinyTrim said...

Ooooh, gains suck, don't they? You sound like you're doing everything right, so I'm going to go with water retention and perhaps a bit of muscle building with all your exercising.

Like I mentioned in my other comment, have you thought about trying the Wendie Plan? Here's a a link to it. I'm trying it myself this week. It's just another way of mixing up our points :)

Oh, and that's crazy about McDonald's. Eww!

Momma Bear said...

Re: McD's... gross! No wonder we get gut rot after eating there! Blech! If you want a shocker, watch "Super Size Me". It scared me off fast food for a good year. (Maybe I need to watch it again!)

You sound very determined and dedicated! Way to go!